Friday, March 12, 2010

A Failed Kitchen Experiment

Well, we've had our first kitchen disaster since starting Medifast.  We've tried lots of new veggies, experimented with different ways of cooking familiar veggies...  but today's attempt to do the Roasted Kale Chips?  A total and complete flop!  My husband's comment:  "These aren't bad, if you're in the burnt grass category."  That about sums it up:  burnt grass.  Yuck!  But I think I know the problem - the recipe I was using called for 35 minutes at 300 degrees.  Unfortunately, I was trying to cook these around lunchtime while feeding my 3 year old and my 1 year old AND in the middle of a huge thunderstorm (complete with large hail) that was freaking both kids out.  So I was a little distracted.  Didn't think to even check the chips until there was less than 8 minutes on my timer, at which point they were already charred to a crisp.  And while I wanted them crispy, this was definitely NOT what I had in mind.  So I'll try again another time - a time when I can keep a closer watch on them!  But it's not a total loss - I only used part of the kale I had bought, so at least I have supplies on hand to try again.  Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment