Friday, March 26, 2010

Long Time, No Post...

Goodness, it's been quite a few days since my last post!  How'd that happen?  I suppose life got in the way, as usual!  :)  Don't get me wrong - there were definitely a couple of things at least that I thought, "Hey!  I should do a blog about that!" but just never put action behind the thought.  Like the day I put new sandals on Anna with no socks and she rubbed blisters on both feet that bled like crazy?  She never cried about it or anything - was too enamored with her first experience with a banana freezer pop, I suppose.  But needless to say, I was totally consumed with guilt over her poor little feet!  Or the day that Noah used the phrase "Heck no!" at supper?  Or the day that we all went to the park and totally enjoyed the amazingly beautiful weather?  Yep, that was the day that Noah turned to me and said, "Mommy, does this park have grass?"  [the playground area is "fenced" in with landscape timbers and filled with wood chippings]  I said, "Sure it does, right over there!"  To which he replied, "Great 'cause I gotta pee!" and proceeded to run over there, pulling down his britches...  Thankfully, Greg was quicker than Noah and scooped him up before we could get fined for public exposure or something and carried him to the bathroom.  I had been telling Gregory for months that letting Noah "water the grass" at our house would come back to bite him in the behind one day!

And there were serious blogs to write, too.  Blogs about how sad we were that some dear friends of ours have decided to move on and won't be at Hope Fellowship with us anymore.  That caused a rough few days, let me tell you!  The Sullivan household was a sad place, until we got our arms around the fact that God was truly leading them into bigger and better things and that we really have to let them go to follow where He's leading.  But it still hurt!  Other blogs that didn't get written were about my struggles with Medifast.  Not very many (I'm still on plan, amazingly!  Thank You, Lord!) but they're there, nonetheless.  My struggles over having lots of moodiness and irritability with my husband (which he attributes to the soy in the medifast products).  He hasn't asked me to stop the diet (well, he did threaten to hide my supplies one day!) but I have been thinking about it and praying about it.  I just hate to stop when I'm having success, and am hoping that now that I realize I'm more irritable and moody than normal, that I can combat it and it won't be as much of an issue.  Hopefully.

So now, I'm up to date.  Kind of.  And of course have totally forgotten what the actual purpose of this blog was going to be!  Figures...

1 comment:

  1. Melanie,.

    I enjoy your blogs. Thanks for sharing the humaness of life for all of us. Praying for you and Greg. Jeremy told us about the friends who are leaving Hope. He was sad about it too. Said he would miss them when he comes back for a visit. Keep us the writing!! Love you guys.
    Rick & Cooky.

    ReplyDelete