Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cooked Radishes? Oh, heavenly!

OK - I admit I was a bit skeptical when I saw folks on the Medifast boards talking about cooked radishes being an amazing substitute for potatoes when you're having cravings.  Yeah, right!  Radishes?  C'mon!  But today I had some time on my hands (since I did NOT get to take a Sunday afternoon nap...  ironic isn't it?  I post about the wonders of such a thing and then don't get one!  How sad is that?  But little Anna woke up just when I got Noah to sleep...  figures!), I decided to try cooking the radishes that were languishing in my fridge before they turned into a bizarro science experiment.  So I sliced them up and put 'em in the pan...  they were rather stinky when they first started cooking.  But I persevered.  Realized when they were about done that I had totally forgotten to add the onion (which would have been sooooo divine), but decided to press on regardless.  After about half an hour, they're looking pretty good and smelling lots better, so I dish them up and sit down to try them.  WOW!  They were unbelievable.  Soooo yummy!  So needless to say, I have added radishes to my grocery list.

While I was devouring my new favorite veggie, Anna toddled over and said, "Bite! Bite!" (or at least her version of it).  I gave her a little bite, thinking she wouldn't care for it.  Wrong!  She kept on asking for bite after bite, and I hate to admit it, but I was begrudging her every single morsel.  Eventually she became distracted and wandered back over to where she was happily taking cookbook after cookbook off the shelf, sitting down amongst them all, and looking for all the world like she was contemplating what to fix for supper.  I'm sure she'll want a redo of the radishes, but she'll have to wait.  I don't plan on venturing out to the store today.  Well, not unless the call of the radish gets to me.  Yumm-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment