Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dancing with Noah


My three year old amazes me.  You never know what he's going to come up with next!  He's been doing Just Dance on the Wii tonight for the first time with Mommy.  His interpretation of some of the dance moves was absolutely hilarious.  He liked the Beach Boys and MC hammer best, I think.  Then after we danced to a few songs, he decided that he wanted to play school (with him being the teacher of course).  He proceeded to walk around the living room, pointing at random items with one of his new unsharpened Spiderman pencils, and ask, "What is this?"  Basically, my answer could be whatever I wanted - his reply was always, "Wrong!  It's a _______ !"  For example, he'd point at the wood stove and say, "What is this?"  "A frog?" I'd guess.  "No, Mommy - wrong!  It's a rectangle!"

Now, he's changed gears again, and is air drumming with the aforementioned pencils.  He's pretty good, actually!  Wants to play along with the songs on Just Dance...  oops!  Now he wants me to dance with him again!  A mommy's work is never done.  Time to go boogie to "A Little Less Conversation".  I love my little man!  Certainly there is never a dull moment...

{Well, after a brief dancing interlude, he's finished dancing for the moment.}  Let me paint a better picture for you:  he's wearing his Spiderman jockey shorts and a long sleeved orange striped shirt, plus his Darth Vader belt.  Holding a blue light saber.  Actually, the light saber is a post-dance addition.  When he dances, he's fond of throwing in some "hurl-yourself-on-the-floor" moves, along with some break dancing of sorts.  Kind of intriguing, really, to watch him.  I'm amazed that he's not black and blue.

So now, he's leaning against me, drinking juice from a blue dinosaur sippy cup.  What an amazing little human being.  It totally blows my mind that God blessed us with such awesome kids - what a miracle to be parents!

Oops - time to dance again!  Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment