Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lunch

Well, today is Thursday.  What does that mean at the Sullivan household?  Well, Worship Team practice tonight for starters.  And the kids are usually at the Parents Day Out program at Rock Spring (yes!!).  Which translates to a trip to the grocery store without someone asking for every toy or every bag of candy or every pack of gum we pass!  Much less stressful, I must say.  And today - wonder of wonders! - I'm going totally by myself.  Solo.  No adult supervision whatsoever.  Well, color me happy!  Not that I mind Gregory going with me - he likes to shop, too.  But there's something about grocery shopping (especially at Wal-mart) that he just can't take after about the first 15 or 20 minutes.  So I've learned that when he's with me, I have to prioritize and get the essentials first, then if the need arises for us to head out of there, I'm covered.

And when we all four go, that's definitely needed.  Because on the days when Noah is allowed a special treat, once he picks out what he wants, he's ready to go home right then.  So wait until we're finished to let him pick it out, you say?  Wrong!  Because there are few things more annoying than a three year old who knows he's about to get to pick a toy or some gum or candy or whatever - "are you done yet?  how about now?  can we go to the toy section now, Mommy?  how about now?  Pleeeeeeease!"

Anna is the calmest of the bunch - usually.  Unless Mommy is stupid enough to go too close to naptime... then all hell breaks loose.  She has her Daddy's vocal chords for sure!  

So what does all this have to do with the title of this post, namely, "Lunch"?  Absolutely nothing, other than the fact that I'm waiting on our Medifast soup to finish cooking so I can eat and then go grocery shopping.  I've learned never ever to go hungry, especially when dieting!  Our soup today is the Maryland Crab Soup - super yum!  When I ordered it, I was envisioning something akin to Clam Chowder.  I know, I know - I'm not a crab aficionado or anything like that!  Never been to Maryland so what do I know!  It's actually a dark broth with lots of veggie and big chunks of crab...  very tasty.  I enjoy the Medifast version so much that I'm eager to one day take a trip to Baltimore to try out an authentic version.  But that's a ways down the road for sure and for certain.

Ah!  I hear the little beep beep that signifies that my wait is over!  Lunch is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment