Monday, February 22, 2010

I am a total pushover - NOT a good thing!

Miracle of miracles!  I survived a trip to Baskin Robins without partaking of any of the yummy 31 flavors!  Our kids have an honorary "grammie" who was visiting for a couple of days in honor of her birthday yesterday.  Well, while we were out running around today, she announces that she wants to go to BR to get ice cream for her b-day.  Yes, I am a total pushover.  So we went.  And they had my all-time fav flavor in stock, too... Nutty Coconut.  Oh my goodness.

AND to top it all off, we'd been out longer than I had anticipated and - horror of horrors! - I did NOT have a bar with me!!  Even after I posted that on my profile page as one of my success tips ("Don't get caught without an emergency backup bar, blah, blah, blah...").  ARRGGH!  So I'm sitting there, holding Anna as Grammie feeds her little bites of her ice cream (and yes, she got the nutty coconut).  I managed to not lick the spilled ice cream off of Anna's coat as we were leaving, which was definitely a victory in my book.

So I was also a pushover at a women's meeting yesterday after church...  ended up agreeing to furnish GARLIC BREAD for a spaghetti fundraising we're doing to raise money for Haiti.  So even though bread's not one of my trigger foods, having to smell all that yumminess is going to be a test of my willpower.  I will prevail and not partake!  I guess I'm just a sucker for folks laying the pleas on thick, especially when there's a cause involved.  *Sigh*    

How on earth have I survived almost 40 years with no backbone?  Or at best a backbone that disappears occasionally when I least expect it?  I thought I had gotten much better in this regard and could say an emphatic "NO!" when I needed to, but apparently my "Needing To" Meter has been broken for a couple of days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment