Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Fake Spaghetti Supper (Shiratake Noodles)

Well, I had intended to take a picture of my shiratake noodle "spaghetti" when it was still nice and neat, but totally forgot in my haste to give it a taste test.  I used the noodles, Walden Farms no carb marinara, Morningstar Farms Griller Crumbles, and some diced tomatoes.  It was much better than I was expecting, I must say.  But I wasn't able to eat all of it.  Just wasn't as appealing as some of my other lean & green meals have been.  In hindsight, I shouldn't have used the full portion of crumbles allowed (2 cups - that's a bunch!) and probably shouldn't have used the full cup of noodles either.  But you live and learn, right?  Now I know!  

And I did manage to totally avoid the chocolate cupcakes we had for Grammie's birthday. Hallelujah!  A small victory?  Maybe for some, but for me - HUGE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment